Are you looking for a rewarding career in manufacturing? Maverick Industries is an equal opportunity employer that takes an active interest in the health and welfare of its employees. Applicants must be self-motivated, detail-orientated, and hard-working. If you are interested in a career with Maverick Industries please send your resume to email@example.com or fill out the form below!
We are Here to Help You!
Building value in product, through developing family-felt relationships and a solution-driven culture, while innovating today for tomorrow.
Bookkeeper / Accounting Manager
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Daily Bookkeeping:
- Using Sage50 Accounting to enter payables and receivables
- Matching vendor invoices to PO’s and sales invoices to packing slips
- Tracking the companies transactions to identify irregular charges/refunds
- Reconciliations & Auditing
- Collating and managing bank transactions and reconciliations
- Reconciling all GL accounts and balance sheet on a monthly basis
- Organize accounting records and regularly audit
- Working with HR Manager with new employees, employee changes, merit increases, and benefit deductions.
- Calculating time cards and working with the Production Manager and maintaining a wage budget.
- Bi-weekly payroll administration for 45+ staff
- Remitting Taxes:
- Payroll taxes, PST, IFTA, and GST
- Examining and managing tax payment records
- Cash Flow Management:
- Calculating weekly payables, paying vendors according to terms/conditions
- Calculating weekly receivables, contacting customers for payment
- Forecasting cash flow
- Management of all financial accounts
- Financial Management:
- Recommending profitable financial actions
- Develop and implementing cost reduction projects and policies
- Create, implement and manage yearly budgets
- Ensure the company follows the federal financial regulations and tax laws
- Review and prepare year end financials for the accountant
- Asset management and depreciation/amortization
- Manufacturing Accounting:
- Gross margin analysis of company products, inventory and value
- Monitor COGS and provide feedback to meet goals
- Work with Sales Manager on product pricing and profit margin
- Maintenance and development of all manufacturing processes related to product unit costs
If you want to be a part of a fast growing company, enjoy being a part of team, love learning, growing and always looking for ways to improve processes - this is the job for you!
Position: Full time, Permanent
Office Hours: Mon - Fri 8am - 4:30pm in-person at the office
Maverick Industries is a fast growing company, with 45+ current employees. We encourage a family felt atmosphere where we celebrate each others successes, offer support, training and growth opportunities. Maverick also offers a group benefits package after a probation period that includes dental, health and life insurance.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Experienced welder
- Read tape measures accurately
- Produce quality work in a timely manner
- Able to read blue print and weld to drawings
- Enjoy working in a fast paced friendly environment
- Lift, carry and move up to 50lbs safely and comfortably
What We Offer
- Great hours! Compressed work week with every Friday off
- Long term, stable employment with no layoffs
- Opportunity to work overtime
- Competitive wage with opportunity for increases based on targets and certifications
- Benefits package available after three months: includes dental, medical, prescriptions, paramedical such as massage and chiropractic, employee and family life Insurance, Health Spending Account - $200 available annually for eyeglasses, additional massages, etc
- A fun and engaging work environment (ie. slurpee breaks, monthly birthday cake celebrations, BBQs!) with a team that celebrates you, and great managers that work alongside you.
Job Type and Hours
- Full-time position (long term)
- Compressed work week: Monday - Thursday 6:00am - 4:30pm
Join our Maverick team today - where we value our employees and truly believe we work best as a team!